14 houses burnt in Rangamati fire
Published: শনিবার, মে ৯, ২০২০
At least 14 houses were destroyed in a fire in Reserve Mukh area of Rangamati on Saturday morning. Quoting witnesses, Ratan Kumar Nath, assistant director of Rangamati Fire Service and Civil Defence, said that the fire originated from a stove of a kitchen at the house of former municipal chairman Kazi Nazrul Islam around 9:30am and engulfed the adjoining houses.
Three firefighting units along with the army and police extinguished the fire after an hour’s frantic effort. However, no casualty was reported. The estimated loss caused by the fire was about Tk 10 lakh, claimed the affected people.